Bossieman from Sweden here :)

Her postes alt, som ikke direkte har noget med Ubuntu at gøre.
Bossieman
Geografisk sted: Göteborg

Indlægaf Bossieman » 19. jan 2008, 14:57

Hello Scandinavian friends! I hope everything is going ok for you guys. I am Bossieman from Sweden and I have some topics I would like to talk about here. Please try to use english as my danish is a nono.

I am one of two teamleaders for the Swedish LoCo. In Sweden we have had a very very good development for the last 1,5 years. We had about 500 members in July 2006, 1.5 years later we are now about 7000 members. We are still growing very fast.

First of all, I have noticed a lot of activities from Denmark on my Swedish blog for Ubuntu: http://ubuntu-bossieman.blogspot.com/ and I have also received a lot of danish emails about my blog. I'm sorry if this sounds like commercials for my blog, its not my intentions, its more about a proposal.
My blog has been a very big success and is on the top 10 IT blogs in Sweden.
With about 500 unique visitors each day and about 100 000 uniqe vistors since the start 2007/01 it has been one of many parts in the sucess of Ubuntu in Sweden. So now after the commercials, is anyone here interested in translating my blog to danish? That means that some people here translates and uses a danish blog that is a copy of my blog.

The blog is aiming for new users and has been an important tool for new users in Sweden. I wrote a very detailed guide for 7.04 and I'm planning a very detailed guide for 8.04 LTS that will cover everything :)

In our Swedish LoCo we have tried for about a year to use 'faddrar' to help new registered members. Faddrar is like on the university, the guys (or girls) that help and guide the newcomers to the university. We have a group of about 15 persons that are dedicated to help new users to manage the first steps of Ubuntu. We help with tips and ideas a.s.o.
This has been a really big success and we have managed to keep the newcomers to Ubuntu.

I would also like to know about the progress of the Danish LoCo team, hom is it going, are you guys growing?

Thanks
/Bossieman

eitreach
IRC nickname: eitreach
Geografisk sted: København

Indlægaf eitreach » 19. jan 2008, 16:17

Hi there!

If I was more keen on the Swedish language, I'd gladly help translate it. Sadly, that isn't the case though - I hardly understand it sometimes, though I do try.

Regarding the danish LoCo-team, this is not their official site - we're quite unofficial, but do keep contact. They guide folks to our web-based forum, and we guide others to their IRC-support when needed.

It is growing, though - not long ago, it became an official LoCo-team - you'd probably be able to obtain more precise information from themselves, though. They are to be found on Freenode, at #ubuntu-dk.
"A Narn heavy cruiser?!"

Fornuftig opførsel: faq.php#f00
Guide til ooh shiny: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2189
Guide til 3d-effekter: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4393

sbc
Forfatter
IRC nickname: sbc
Geografisk sted: Odense

Indlægaf sbc » 20. jan 2008, 14:32

Hi

Your post raises a couple of different questions.

First I would like to (help) translate your blog or do something similar in Danish. Let's see if others 'sign up' either way, Ill send you a e-mail and we can work something out.

Then you post some interesting questions about the progress of the Danish team. We are moving forward, no question about that, but we are far from as large as the Swedish team.
We have monthly meetings on IRC, and I will be sure to bring up your 'faddrar' (mentor) idea for the next meeting.

Would it maybe be a good idea to have a meeting between the two teams (or maybe a 'scandinavian' meeting) to exchange ideas, bring each other up to speed of what is going on in our neighbour countries? It is just a thought...

Cheers
Søren

Bossieman

Indlægaf Bossieman » 20. jan 2008, 20:49

I think we could try to make some kind of work together and help each other out.

sbc
Forfatter
IRC nickname: sbc
Geografisk sted: Odense

Indlægaf sbc » 24. jan 2008, 17:29

I have set up a blog at http://ubuntublog.dk/

I hope to get into a routine of posting 2-3 posts a week, and many of them will properly be inspired by the http://ubuntu-bossieman.blogspot.com/ blog.

However, my first job is going to be getting the theme fitted to my liking.

Comments etc. are of course welcome, and if anyone out there feels like (co)authoring or suggesting posts/articles it would be much appreciated.

Søren

Bossieman

Indlægaf Bossieman » 6. feb 2008, 18:24

Nice work! Thanks for this. i hope it will be a sucess like in sweden.

Offtopic, look at our development with members for 2007. Amazing
http://bp3.blogger.com/_JGCUC3b0VFQ/R6n ... /stats.png

eitreach
IRC nickname: eitreach
Geografisk sted: København

Indlægaf eitreach » 6. feb 2008, 18:28

Hmm.. I first read the bottom numbers as the increase in members..

The other one looks better, I must admit. :P
"A Narn heavy cruiser?!"

Fornuftig opførsel: faq.php#f00
Guide til ooh shiny: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2189
Guide til 3d-effekter: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4393

Tilbage til "Off-Topic"